The Billy Mitchell Boys & Girls Club is located in the four block Lamar Porter Complex at 3107 West 5th Street, Little Rock. The Facility was named after J.W. (Billy) Mitchell a former Texas A & M graduate who led the Boys & Girls Club after Tom Craighead's departure in 1928. Billy Mitchell became associated with the Boys & Girls Club in 1922. Mr. Mitchell was on hand for the fire in 1929 which destroyed the Boys & Girls Club at 8th and Scott in downtown Little Rock.

The Billy Mitchell Unit was chartered by the Boys & Girls Clubs of America January 1, 1976. The building was dedicated to Billy Mitchell for his dedicated service to the Little Rock Boys Club in 1978. Construction of the Building was completed in 1982.

Today the Mitchell Boys & Girls Club has 759 members and serves an additional 725 youth at the complex. Programs include RBI (Reviving Baseball Inner-City), Basketball, Power Hour, SMART moves, SMART kids, Life Skills Training, Job Ready, Computer Education and Prevention Services .The club provides after school care complete with tutoring for approximately 150 youth each day.

For more information on RBI visit www.eteamz.com/lrrbibb

For more information on the Boys & Girls club of Central Arkansas visit www.arclubs.org